Saturday, November 14, 2015

The Colors of Fall


If you ask me, I'm a summer girl through and through. But there's still something about fall that is really special, perhaps particularly so for a girl who grew up without this season for much of her life.


I love the changing colors, the palette of pale green, golden yellow, burnt orange, ruby red, and toasty brown. I love the seasonal foods, like pumpkins, wild mushrooms, and nuts.




Plus I get to bust out my favorite seasonal vintage pieces, like my nut dress (completed with a perfect mustard yellow wool sweater from Emmy Design) and my favorite nut brooch.


Even though the days are getting shorter and the sky is getting grayer, it's exciting to see nature showing off. So we bundle ourselves up and head out into the forest.





Whether in town or out in the countryside, fall really does have something special to offer.

4 comments:

  1. Love the outfits you put together! I really love that Emmy Design cardigan and your super cute nut brooch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the outfit with the yellow cardigan! Super cool picture! 💜

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reading this and seeing the beautiful pictures has made me so very happy! A most beautiful writing from a beautiful soul.

    ReplyDelete