Thursday, October 9, 2014

La Mariana


If you're going away, you ought to do it with a bang. Near the end of my visit home to Hawaii, a few of our friends took us out for pupus (appetizers) and some kitchy tropical drinks at La Mariana Sailing Club.



In my lifetime of living in Hawaii, I had never heard of this place. And yet I feel like it is where I was always meant to be. 



Because this place is a vintage tiki bar that has been around since the late 1950's.




As soon as you walk up to the building that sits beside the water at the marina, you can tell this place is a little different.


Let the time warp suck you in.



I am so in my element right now. Wearing my Surf 'n Sand (Shaheen) dress, colourful Swedish Hasbeens clogs, lauhala bag, and a paper umbrella in my hair in place of a flower, I seamlessly blend into my environment.



Love these girls!





Look at these interiors!



This place is my tacky, tropical, 50's retro dream. Wish I didn't have to wake up!






No comments:

Post a Comment