Sunday, September 7, 2014

Kailua Beach


Sometimes it's just best to stay at home. Luckily for me my hometown is Kailua, known for having one of the most beautiful beaches in the world. And it's all only a 10 minute bike ride away from my family's house.


View of Kailua Bay with Popoia island in the bay.

We celebrated the Fourth of July at Kailua beach, as many Kailua families do. All day long people picnic and play in the ocean until night falls and we are treated to a fireworks show.


I got to break out my new two piece bathing suit from Sugar Doll and head straight for the water right away because we already had a good spot. We had already set up our party tent the night before. It's what you gotta do if you want a prime beachfront tent spot! 


Later on, we cleaned up and got ready for the evening part of our beach day.


He's wistfully taking in Kailua's beauty...or maybe just wondering if there are any more Negra Modelos in the cooler.


We came for the fireworks, but Kailua sunsets are a show all their own.


My pal Danielle snapped some shots of me before the sun sank down behind the mountains but I managed to get a picture with her too.



Night is falling. Time for fireworks!


Most of us gathered up on the shore to watch but others stayed in their bathing suits and enjoyed the fireworks from the water - the water's still plenty warm at night!

Such a fun night with family and friends. I love Kailua!


No comments:

Post a Comment