Friday, May 2, 2014

Ready for picnicking!



Last weekend I went to Mitt Möllans spring market, where I picked up some great things from Emmaus Björka, a charity thrift store chain.

One of the things I couldn’t leave without was this fabulous picnic set for two!


My guess is that it’s late 50’s or early 60’s. It’s made by Brexton, an English picnic hamper manufacturer. 


I’m not sure what else Brexton has made as a quick Google search turns up exclusively vintage picnic sets. If you’re looking for a cute vintage picnic set, have a look at Brexton’s!


I love the orange red / white rose combination on the porcelain.



Authentic Thermos brand thermoses! 



And it even comes with a Brexton plastic container for some picnic food, along with two small screw top jugs for holding cream and sugar. Mine even came with some, um, “vintage” sugar cubes! Eh, maybe I don’t like everything vintage after all…

While there are many Brexton picnic hampers available on Ebay, I haven’t found one that has a wicker case like mine. I just love that about it! It feels so summery and outdoorsy.


I can’t wait to head out into the park for a picnic with this beauty!

1 comment:

  1. Lovely to meet this wonderful lady with such amazing taste
    i shall enjoy reading this blog and catching up with you from time to time ,
    love rachel xx

    ReplyDelete